Monday, December 11, 2006

White Rock 2006 Was Awesome

It was a great day at the White Rock marathon. The weather was perfect and people were breaking records all over. Some of the people who hit their marks were:

Me!!! (ran the 1/2 -can you believe it - they won't get this horse to the glue factory just yet!)
Diana Stonecipher - personal best in the marathon!
Candy Sheehan - first marathon!
Jim Luchanich (1:28 half...second in age group!)
Cindy Coronado
Jeff Bennett - 3:05 marathon!!! Place 73 over all!!!

I am sure there are more...but just can't remember this morning!!

Some pictures below of the fun and love at the event!!!


Then we wrapped it all up with the Dallas Athletes Christmas party - lots of fun and a great way to send off the year!

Today really starts the Ironman IMCDA training...I must make it to the pool! I have gained a few pounds of the last few weeks and that will only make all this upcoming training worse - so it's back to the grind stone for my waist line!

I'm am finally feeling rested and getting ready to take on this challenge...I should, heck I haven't been the pool or on a bike since August! So here we go...and stay tuned..more to come over the holidays!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Congrats on the Half! The pictures are great, makes me miss the dallas athletes a whole bunch. I have joined a tri club here. but it is not the same!

Anonymous said...

Wecker!

Great job on your half. Get that recovery working and get your "base" training on.

Nice and easy on the bike and runs and get in the pool!

Great seeing you at the DA party last night.

Kathi Werden said...

Mike,

Congrats on your award of Male Athlete of the Year! You made the H2F2006 team so much fun!

Thanks and keep on honkin!

K